View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anthro123

re: Genra Challenge

There's a lot of this fight that's still a blur for me, but I'll throw out everything I remember!

First up, a GLORIOUS MSPaint picture! Nothing's to scale. At all. :P

Disclaimer: The current position of the Vicar can be changed depending on how everything works. I did it with the Vicar on the raid stack, requiring 4 tanks: 1 for Gen'ra, 1 for Archmagus and Doombringer, 1 for Vicar, and 1 for Heretic.

Overview
The fight is one part endurance and one part huge, huge DPS check. If at any point the DPS check fails, the fight's over.

Mass power drains are mainly from arcanes caused by the need to dispell the council ever 20s or so. Everyone must be cured ASAP or face power drains. Power items are strongly encouraged - chanters won't be able to always fill in the power gaps.

Harbringer of Doom is a curse that must be cured ASAP. Failure to do so will kill the cursed person.

Vicar

Needs to die twice. Once dead move onto the Heretic.

Heretic

Spews out Heretical Judgement. Very hard-hitting, one-shotting AE. He needs to die as fast as possible or the pull's a failure. The tank on him can bring him to the raid for more DPS as long as he's taken away before it hits again. For urchin spawns at this point, the top two DPSers can be kept on the Heretic while the rest of the raid focused on the urchins. Once dead move to Doombringer or Archmagus (can't remember).

Doombringer

Has another AE that while it hits hard, can be max-ranged. Doesn't need to be insanely far away like the Heretic.

Archmagus

Can't remember anything special.

Gen'ra

His AE hits hard, and if a raid member dies he heals massively. Too many deaths and too many heals means the time check/DPS check won't be met and thus means a wipe.

The raid stands at about 30m, still taking out urchins as they spawn. When Gen'ra gets to 50% health, conduits will begin to spawn. They are top priority, so in order of DPS priority it will be conduits, urchins, and then Gen'ra.

Hope that helps some. I'll edit and add to as I remember more. (this was from last expaction so the ae's shouldnt hurt that bad this go around for distance)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    beyondevolution Forum Index -> Strats All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: